Beautiful Tanto with rare temper line.
- Blade is DNH7 carbon steel hand forged on sharcoal bed. The shape is Shobu Zukuri. True, visible selective clay temper, in places utsuri – a whitish reflexion line following almost the same pattern, giving the false impression of a second Hamon. Traditional glossy stone polishing
- Nagasa: 10.16″
- Kassane: 0.18″
- Moto haba: 1.14″
- Hamon: Gunome Midare with utsuri effect
- Mune: Ihari gently slant
- Habaki: tempered copper mounted on its blade, engraving on both sides features a “shower of stars”
- Seppas: filed brass
- Tsuba: aged iron with one Itsu Ana
- Tsuka: Length 4.96″, jackwood wrapped in white Same high quality grain with big scale on Omote side. Mekugi bamboo is tangential to Mekugi Ana in order to avoid loose work. Alloy 3 leaves of Aoi (mallow) Menukis. Tsuka Ito is black japanese thin silk braid in Ineri Maki style. Fushi-Kashira are polished aged iron. Ito Dome are made with a double leaf filed brass
- Saya is non silicous jackwood wrapped in polished rayskin sunk into brown/pinky stained lacquer. Koigushi, Kojiri, Kurigata are water buffalo horn
- Overall: 15.39″, weight 16.61oz
Entirely handmade by CITADEL and entirely disassemblable
Delivered in its silk sleeve and fabric, zipped, lined storage pouch
One of a kind.