Super light, beautiful Katana ideal for Iaido when weight is a major concern. Nicely curved.
- Superb grooved blade light and yet strong thanks to its Yamato geometry DNH7 steel, hand forged with 3 hammers on a charcoal bed. True selective clay temper. As always with CITADEL a magnificent “viper head”, bulbed point
- Hamon: Gunome Midare
- Mune: medium Iori
- Point: Chu Kissaki
- Tori Sori: 0.87″
- Nagasa: 30.63″
- Kassane: 0.22″
- Moto haba: 1.22″
- Saki Haba: 0.91″
- Nakago: Takano Ha Double
- Habaki: first one is forged on its blade and reinforced with bronze foil on edge side. The second is gilded brass displaying an engraving representing a starshower.
- Seppas: filed brass
- Tsuba: aged iron, Mokko Gata style. A nice open work for a gain of lightness
- Tsuka: 10.94″, white Same, Bronze bow and Banner Menukis. Bamboo conical Mekugi is tangent to Mekugi Ana in order to avoid loose work. Fushi-Kashira are aged iron engraved en suite in Nanako style. Japanese silk Tsukaito braided in Ineri Maki, filed brass Ito Domes Saya: non siliceous Jackwood; glossy, smooth, black lacquer mottled with red spots. Kurigata, Koigushi are made of water buffalo horn. Filed brass Shito Domes
- Weight: 33.50oz
- Balance point: 5.31″ahead of Tsuba
- Can be fully disassembled
Entirely handmade by CITADEL
Blade carries lifetime guarantee subjected to normal use in a Dojo
Delivered with its silk Sageo, its textile Bukuro and its fabric zippered carrying pouch with adjustable strap and a pocket for cleaning kit (not provided).